I’ve stayed away from the news since last week so forgive me if some of this is old news. A lot happens in a day now!
Kanye West is running for president. At least in his mind. (He hasn’t actually done any of the necessary legal steps to be on a ballot, and in some states it is already too late anyway) The Forbes article has a list of bullet points to catch you up to speed on his totally non-insane presidential run.
- That he’s running for president in 2020 under a new banner—the Birthday Party—with guidance from Elon Musk and an obscure vice presidential candidate he’s already chosen. “Like anything I’ve ever done in my life,” says West, “I’m doing to win.”
- That he no longer supports President Trump. “I am taking the red hat off, with this interview.”
- That he’s ok with siphoning off Black votes from the Democratic nominee, thus helping Trump. “I’m not denying it, I just told you. To say that the Black vote is Democratic is a form of racism and white supremacy.”
- That he’s never voted in his life.
- That he was sick with Covid-19 in February.
- That he’s suspicious of a coronavirus vaccine, terming vaccines “the mark of the beast.”
- That he believes “Planned Parenthoods have been placed inside cities by white supremacists to do the Devil’s work.”
- That he envisions a White House organizational model based on the secret country of Wakanda in Black Panther.
Trump’s niece’s book is being released early and there are already excerpts around the web. Spoiler alert. Trump cheats on everything. Taxes, SATs, wives, golf. I think the title of the book is Shit That Every Sane Person Already Knows. I won’t be reading that just like I didn’t read the Bolton book. It’s not like I need any more evidence that I’m not going to vote for the guy at this point.
In other terrible Trump news (redundant!) his Health Secretary claims that healthcare workers don’t get covid. This is news to the 760 healthcare workers who so far have died from the disease, and the nearly 100K who have tested positive. And the Trump administration is planning on kicking out international students from the country if their classes are online-only for the upcoming semester. Which means some people see a pandemic and see death and tragedy, while others see it as an opportunity to push your racist and xenophobic values.
And Trump is now threatening to cut federal funds to schools that don’t physically reopen.
To force students, teachers, custodial staff, bus drivers, administrative staff, etc., back into the middle of a raging pandemic is nothing short of attempted murder at this point. That the GOP has done nothing to curb Trump’s denial is criminal. They are all complicit.
— BNO Newsroom (@BNODesk) July 8, 2020
Record numbers in Covid again yesterday in TX and CA. And most likely FL because they are working their best at hiding the numbers. But their ICU’s are filling up at a scary rate. It didn’t have to be like this.
And opossums enjoy their potassium.