When will the government finally ban this dangerous chemical?
What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?
Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
* DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
* Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
* Contributes to soil erosion.
* Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
* Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
* Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
* Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere.
* Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.
Snopes has some good info about DHMO including the story about the City Council that came very close to passing a law against it.
In March 2004 the California municipality of Aliso Viejo (a suburb in Orange County) came within a cat’s whisker of falling for this hoax after a paralegal there convinced city officials of the danger posed by this chemical. The leg-pull got so far as a vote having been scheduled for the City Council on a proposed law that would have banned the use of foam containers at city-sponsored events because (among other things) they were made with DHMO, a substance that could “threaten human health and safety.”
Cockeyed pits Walmart vs. Target to see who really has the lowest prices.
Sugar Bush Squirrel
is a real, live Eastern Gray Squirrel who is owned and photographed by Ms. Kelly Foxton. Rescued from a tree
, she is now living the ‘good life’ with Kelly in Boca Raton, Florida.
Rescued from a tree? Where the hell else would a squirrel be? I wonder if Ms. Kelly rescued it by using the proven squirrel fishing method.
Does anybody remember this show? I barely remember anything about it except it was an Indiana Jones ripoff with a dog with an eyepatch. I googled it and found that it has a pretty big fan page with scripts, tons of pictures from episodes and video clips. I love the internets!
Submit a photograph and this site will analyze it for you and tell you what race, gender, and attributes (intelligence, ambition, gayfactor?) you have. I submitted Harvey Fierstein to see what gay factor it would give. It was actully a low gay factor but then they gender they assigned to his picture was female so go figure.
Last picture says it all…
The site is down.