Mitchell and Webb were only 10 years off in this sketch.
From The Independent:
New York revealed a spike in cases of disinfectant exposure in the 18 hours following Donald Trump’s dangerous and false suggestion that injecting the cleaning agent could help treat coronavirus patients.
The city’s Poison Control Centre managed 30 cases from Thursday evening until Friday afternoon, a spokesperson told New York Daily News – more than double the number of cases the centre dealt with over the same period last year.
It followed an extraordinary White House press briefing on Thursday that saw the US president wrongly tout the potential of disinfectants injected inside the body to treat Covid-19.
Maybe stop electing morons to office? Just a wacky thought:
TAMPA, Fla. – Thousands of Floridians trying to file unemployment claims encountered another obstacle on Friday morning. Florida’s Department of Economic Opportunity shut down its Connect online unemployment system and said it does not plan to bring back online until Monday.
The state’s new reemployment assistance program is still online, but only for new applicants.
Meanwhile, the state is sending conflicting signals regarding the governor’s executive order waiving work-search requirements for applicants.
The state notes it suspended the requirement to repeatedly check back in and continue to seek work during the pandemic in order to continue receiving benefits. However, FOX 13 viewers continue to send us screengrabs showing the state is still instructing applicants to adhere to those requirements.
Satter said the state currently does not have the ability to waive the requirements for the weekly $600 federal unemployment payments under the CARES Act.
The federal CARES Act requires states to distribute the payments based on existing state guidelines. Because the state had existing work-search requirements when the CARES Act was passed, the DeSantis administration has determined it has to keep the requirements in place, unless or until the federal government allows Florida to waive them.
Frustrated applicants have launched virtual protests as they wait for benefits.
The state says it is making progress in sending payments. However, the backlog of claims continues to grow as the number of new claims that come in with each passing day continues to exceed the number of claims the state is processing with each passing.
The state dashboard also shows the administration processed fewer claims each of the past two days.
And these will be made tonight at the Cynical residence.
Update: Fixed the link. And I didn’t make them last night. Maybe tonight.
.@tomhanks has written a heart-felt letter to a young Helensvale boy named Corona. The 8-year-old was being bullied at school and decided to write to the Hollywood superstar and his wife @RitaWilson, after they were diagnosed with Coronavirus. https://t.co/6l2nzFJNn5 #7NEWS pic.twitter.com/H02WF2dRCx
— 7NEWS Gold Coast (@7NewsGoldCoast) April 23, 2020