Friday Guest Cat Blogging

Got an email from a friend and long time commenter here about her cat Binx:

Chris, I know you haven’t done this for awhile but I was hoping you’d do a Friday guest cat blog post in Binx’s honor.

This weekend Binx passed away in my arms under the care of our vet in our home. We found out last week that he had an aggressive cancer, and it quickly took his mobility. Even though his last day was full of sadness, it was also a really nice day full of treats, snuggles, delicious mango, warm blankets, naps in the sun, and so much love.

We are so blessed to have had in him our lives for so long (19 years!). Sleep well my sweet kitty. You’ll always be a part of our family, and our hearts.

-Piri

Comments

1. Piri,

Thanks so much for posting this Chris. He was an awesome companion.

SO sorry for your loss, Piri. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. You were blessed to have had him for 19 years!

3. Barbwire,

My sympathy as well. It’s so hard to lose a beloved family member. He had lots of love, and you saved him so much pain and suffering.

4. That was a lovely tribute, PIri. My condolences to you and your family.

5. Ninabi,

Poor Binx. It is so painful when a beloved pet passes away. He looked so unique-what a cool expression on his face- and sounded like such a loving animal. You did give him one of the best last days- I am sorry I waited too long with our elderly kitty and the last day was one of panic and a rushed last trip to the vet.

6. Bacopa,

It’s hard choice to make, and I am sure you will feel Brix’s absence for a long time. It is good you were able to opt for euthanasia in your own home and Brix’s last hour wasn’t troubled by a trip to the vet’s office. It’s very interesting he liked mango. Never heard of that before.

7. Jennifer,

Piri, I feel for your loss. I’m certain Binx appreciated the long loving life and the kind and happy last day you provided for him. It’s a tough thing to go through when you lose a beloved pet. I offer my condolences to you…..

8. Much love to Binx and his people!