Shocking News of the Day

Paula Deen has diabetes. Didn’t see that one coming. Below is a clip of Paula deep frying a cheesecake, rolling it in powdered sugar, glazing it with chocolate and strawberry sauce, more powdered sugar, and drenching it with whip cream.

Comments

1. liblady50,

Watched the Today clip. She is incedibly self-serving. She got the drug promo part out in the first 30 seconds. Yuck. Shame on Paula.

2. Cornjob,

Hey y’all! What’s next? Gout?!?

3. Dale,

Can’t wait for the recipe for Deep-Fried and Buttered Insulin.

4. ange,

i wish she’d use this as a way to become an advocate for healthy southern recipe adaptations. That kinda stuff is desperately needed – especially in areas of Georgia where they make fun of anyone who wants to just have a damn salad.

5. Fink,

Maybe her leg will have to be amputated and they can cut it into little one-inch squares, deep fry it, and roll it around in powdered sugar.

• Cornjob,

As Hannibal Lecter would say: Slurpity, slurpity, slurpity, slurpity, slurp slurp slurp. ;)

6. Bibi,

Sorry, I need to go puck after all that recipe description. Ewww :P

I have been seeing the same new around, and it seems she already had diabetes, but didn’t announce it until have a sponsor. WTF?

7. mrclam,

Well, at the very least, now that Paula’s the spokesperson, I will never again have to hear that guy saying “diabeetus”.

8. Elizabeth,

This is so aggravating to me…chefs never care about making healthy recipes until they get into trouble…before that all you will here is those weasel words about how they don’t eat like that all the time.

It’s like I’ve recently seen Alton Brown and Emeril Lagasse do the same thing (on Dr. Oz – please forgive me for watching that show)….once they have problems, suddenly their tune changes.

I hate these bastards.

• Neil,

I actually credit Alton Brown with giving me some insights when I dropped 40 pounds 2 years ago. My Dad and brother both have type2 and I realized I was heading down the same path. I was trying to figure out how to do it when I saw AB’s weight loss episode and took a lot of what he said and put it into practice. 40 lbs and two years later I’m still thinner and haven’t rebounded.

Also AB didn’t wait until he got a lucrative sponsorship to advocate weight loss, he did a really good episode with great info.

9. Frankly,

You really need to read her recipe for “English Peas” (google it) The recipe is less than nothing (hilarious but in a stupid way) but the comments are some of the best snark on the ‘tubes.

• Joseph N. Welch,

“Many Bothans died to bring us this information…”

Very helpful review. :-)

Get… OUT!

11. Carolyn,

i loooove how she considers the mint leaf garnish “a little vegetables” in her lard grease sugar roll.