Religious Fasting on YouTube

Woman posts YT videos of herself fasting for spiritual reasons on YouTube. Here’s day 1 of the fast:

And the last day of the fast:

I am beginning a 40 day fast, and if possible, the 1st 40 day fast of 3 separate, consecutive 40 day, water only fasts. (A water fast is one in which only water is consumed.) These three water fasts will be separated by 7 days of eating – (the days of Passover Week) – so the 3 fasts will consist of a 40 day fast before Passover Week and a 40 day fast immediately following Passover Week. While breaking the fast during Passover, only “Kosher for Passover” foods will be eaten. After this, there will be a 40 day fast following four days of eating during Shavuot/Pentecost. I post this information with every video.

I am fasting for spiritual reasons, the primary motivations being to become the woman G-d wants me to be, to know and do what He wants me to do, and to, in general, become the person He wants me to become. I am NOT doing this for the purposes of weight loss, cleansing, experimentation, record setting, health, or for any other non-religious alterior motive. Nor am I doing this for anyone else, though other individuals have asked me to pray for certain things during this time.

(via Religious Douchebags)

Comments

1. Rayceeya,

WTF. Does this person want to die? And if she’s doing this “only” for “Her own Faith”, why is she video taping it and publishing it on the web for all of us to see?

This neither reaffirms my faith (or lack there of) in god, but it disaffirms my faith in human beings.

• smittypap,

She’s 31 years old with SEVEN KIDS! So, yes. Good chance she wants to die.

Native Americans used to call that a Vision Quest.

• MarvinTPA,

She thinks that god wants her to be mal-nourished and skinny. Hell why not pin your body dysmorphia on the baby Jesus, can’t think of a better imaginary candidate.

3. ben,

Whatever floats your boat, lady.

4. mrclam,

The less of her the better.

5. Justin,

“I’m fasting for god, BUT THE ONLY REASON I’M VIDEOTAPING IT IS TO HELP OTHERS!! MAYBE THEY WANT TO FAST TO AND I’LL INSPIRE THEM!!!”

“I’ll just go ahead and show you that I weigh 200 pounds BUT I’M CERTAINLY NOT WEIGHING MYSELF TO SEE HOW MUCH I CAN LOSE!! SO STOP THINKING THAT RIGHT NOW! THIS IS FOR JESUS!!!!”

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

6. Incredulous,

Only religious delusion and anorexia? Pfft. A real Christian would start cutting and go for the hat trick

7. I’m assuming she can’t be breastfeeding her child and fasting, or at least if she is the baby’s not benefiting much from it.

Lady, god wants you to breastfeed your child and nourish it.

8. Cornjob,

I drive fast for G-D… does that count for something? ;)

9. Terry,

It didn’t shrink her schnoz…

10. McGee,

And here I thought my 1500 calorie a day limit was harsh.

11. peach,

Why would God care if we fast?? Let’s all starve our selves to death for God – that would make God so happy!!!

• MacCrocodile,

It’s because God likes to eat off your plate. He’s a giant mooch, sure, but he’s God, so nobody has the nerve to tell him to stop that. Naturally, he likes the people who leave everything on their plate, because “Hey, if you’re not going to eat that…”

12. J. Allen,

This just reaffirms the classic definition of Christianity:

Because you’re so horrible you made God kill himself.

• Julia S.,

Bwaa haa haaa haaaaaa!!! mI’ll have to remember that one the next time the bible thumpers come in to the restaurant to convert us!!!

• richard williams,

it is surprising how many people in the comments mention Christianity. she is orthodox Jewish, see the reference to Passover and Shauvot? i haven’t been able to find videos where she discusses the spiritual elements specifically of her quest yet.

13. ange,

she’ll be sad when she finds out there is no god.

14. Brian,

Her reward was getting skin whiskers

15. dcsnow,

At the end of the second video I was just waiting for someone to set a Philly cheese steak in front of her….So much for the last day!

16. Quindar,

“A water fast is one in which only water is consumed.”

And meth, apparently.

• WordyGrrl,

Water is also used to drown out the sounds of the passel of screaming children in the background while Mommy’s making her “Faces of Fasting” video.