TSA Hates Limpers

Cynic Sam shares her TSA story:

Just flew from KCI to ORD yesterday. I managed to tear my tendon & meniscus on my right knee, and thus was in a knee brace and on crutches. I can barely walk with the crutches, let alone without the brace. I limped through the metal detector, my brace set it off. They made me remove the brace, and then I hopped/gimped through the detector. The gal operating the metal detector seemed really apologetic and held my hand as I re-applied my brace. Then, another TSA agent came up and said, “If she can’t walk normally through the gate, she needs to be patted down” So, then I had to hop to the pat-down area without my brace, get the enhanced pat down (basically getting my very painful and swollen knee groped repeatedly) and then hobble back to my crutches.

Limpers = Enemies of Freedom.

Comments

1. Curious,

Since I don’t work for an airline anymore I don’t have a stinkin’ badge to bypass this bullshit. I used to think the TSA were idiots when I could easily get through them but now that I’m a “civilian,” wow!

2. Imhotep,

Fuck you TSA!

3. Sam,

Amen. I have no idea how I’m supposed to hide explosives under my breasts, but they sure checked there thoroughly too.
    * sigh

4. FUCKTHETSA,

They’re all idiots. A person clearly has a prosthetic limb, so that means they have a bomb? Fuck you.

5. BantheScan,

Thank Obama. He could stop the pat downs and x-rays anytime he wanted to. TSA is under the executive branch. He is using TSA to kill the airlines. He is a cap and trade man who wants us to spend $55 billion on high speed rail. Go to youtube and watch the state of the union address video where he laughs about the pat downs and says we can avoid them if we take high speed trains.

People need to call their congressional reps and senators, and also their state reps and senators.

6. Ninabi,

I hate watching the TSA scream at elderly people having trouble navigating the line, taking off their shoes while holding on to a cane.
    I hate the petty rules they impose at some airports on a whim (“Your belt and purse go in the LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER of the bin!”)

I hate what they do to little kids. Pedobear should be their mascot.

I hate that they subject us all to radiation, while the checked luggage goes sailing through. Unless it is full of electronics and jewelry. Then it is pulled aside and gone through…

And I especially hate the maltreatment of people who are in pain, who need braces and wheelchairs and put up with all kinds of shit at the hands of people who have more power than they have common sense.

7. We are Freedom to Travel USA, an organization dedicated to regaining freedoms taken away from us by the TSA. We believe that suspicionless unwanted touching should not be a condition of travel. We believe that being subject to the equivalent of Peeping Toms without cause should not be a condition of travel. We believe that exposing ourselves to radiation, however small, should not be a condition of travel. We believe that merely the presence of a medical device, in and of itself, should not constitute “probable cause.” h t t p : / / fttusa. o r g