Mother Faces 93 Days In Jail For Vegetable Garden

Comments

1. Will,

I…what? I mean…wait. What?

Seriously. They have nothing better to do? Dude needs to get laid.

2. Julia S.,

suitable? hello? OMG edible is not SUITABLE?!?!?

• MacCrocodile,

In another blog somewhere, someone pointed out that the dictionary he’s using marks his definition of “suitable” as obsolete. So yeah.

I always hate people who use dictionaries to try to win an argument.

3. Cornjob,

Well… she’ll do more time than Casey Anthony, won’t she?

• Mike K,

Yes, but at least she won’t need a bullet proof vest when she gets out of the joint.

4. Stick,

I love the Onion. Their stories are so absurd!

5. Ninabi,

A jury trial?
    What will be presented as evidence? A paper bag full of zucchini and a handful of ripe tomatoes?

6. MadRat,

I was expecting her to have a garden full of Castor beans, Monkshood, Water Hemlock, Oleander and Nightshade. Also, when did an English dictionary become the authority on legal definitions? One of the purposes of laws the define terms, which this law hasn’t done. I’m siding with the home owner.

7. WordyGrrl,

I think her “Victory Garden” is lovely. She’s done a nice job of making it look presentable with raised beds, mulch, etc. It might be a different story if she’d let it all go to weeds and didn’t tend it properly, but it’s obvious she spends a lot of time on it. Plus, who knows how many neighbor kids are now eating veggies because they’ve seen how they’re grown?

8. Venture Free,

That’s moronic. Utterly perplexing. I mean, it makes no sense whatsoever. What kind of stupid person decided to pursue such a ridiculous course? It’s completely baffling to me. I’m trying to wrap my mind around it, and I just keep coming up blank. It’s…it’s…I mean…I’m at a loss for words. Seriously? A garden in the front yard? I just don’t get it. What was she thinking?