Tuesday is really the most depressing day of the week

I’ve been saying this for years. Mondays I’m prepared for. It’s the start of a fresh new week. A week that will be the best ever. By Tuesday, that illusion is shattered and you still have 4 days to get through before the weekend.

Mondays may have long been thought of as miserable, but we’re more likely to feel down in the dumps on a Tuesday.

According to researchers from the London School of Economics, our moods are at their brightest on Saturday, with the weekend feelgood factor continuing into Sunday.

But while levels of contentment drop when the working week begins on Monday, it is on Tuesday that we reach our lowest ebb.

Comments

1. err,

i concur.

2. rbray18,

I’ve never had a problem with Tuesdays,but then I’ve never had a 9-5 Monday-Friday job either. in fact I’ve had more jobs were I’ve had Tuesdays off then were I’ve had Saturdays off.

3. Narpas,

I still think they should move the Sunday holiday to Wednesday.

4. BThatch,

Not me, today is taco tuesday at el torito! I look forward to this day all week :D

5. fwonk,

monday is my only day off, but every day is great because I love my job

6. Ozymandias,

I have also been saying this for years — on Mondays I feel positive and energetic, but I crash on Tuesdays. Thankfully, now my feelings are confirmed by SCIENCE!

7. Top cat,

i bet this is another of those stories where the “science” is a load of bull, and has been paid for by a company wanting to sell something.

have a look at http://www.cynical-c.com/?p=16167#comments which is the last time something like this appeared on here, and check out http://www.badscience.net/category/cash-for-stories/ which has a set of article about other exmaplesof this kid of bull.

8. jen,

That’s my typical pattern. Monday’s aren’t so bad. Tuesdays are rough.

And then there’s THIS week. Monday holiday (yeah! – no complaints there). Tuesday’s not so bad. Wednesday? Ugh. Second day back at work AND I have a ton of meetings….