Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven

Brit Humes gives Tiger Woods some advice:

Buddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News’ Chris Wallace Sunday.

“The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith,” said Hume. “He is said to be a Buddhist. I don’t think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, ‘Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.”

(via J-Walk)

Because no Christian would ever cheat on their spouse.

Comments

1. Jocelyn,

What a nice little cop out. 1. Do what you please 2. Profess faith in Christianity 3. All is forgiven. 4. Repeat as needed.
    I have a better suggestion: How about Tiger comes clean on how many affairs he’s had. In addition he stops being a jackass and sleeping with every woman that serves him a cocktail.

2. MarvinTPA,

I believe Emo Philips has already covered this gound.

· When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn’t work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me … and I got it!

Substitute cocktail waitress for bike, but I think bike works just as well here.

3. There comes a time in everyone’s life when they have to admit that they just threw up a little in their mouth.

…sigh… And so early in the year, too!

4. McGee,

What I find more offensive than Hume’s assertion is the fact that Tiger was boffing some really trashy hoes. I mean, seriously? Those chicks? You’re married to the superhot Swedish chick, and you’re sleeping around with crackwhores and girls who looks like they take meth with their morning cup of joe?

5. Adam,

I think that’s hilarious, he doesn’t really know much about Buddhism does he?

6. Dan,

Brit Hume, looks like he has been playing with SuperGlue.

7. Angry Sam,

So un-shocking that it’s funny.

8. Keith Allison,

I would have thought that Woods is already having enough problems with his credibility.

9. conor hartnett,

Brit Hume should crawl under a rock and wait to receive a well earned firing.

10. Roadgames223,

Wait, did something happen to Tiger Woods?

11. Denise,

Excuse me? Last time I checked, this was still purported to be a “free” country. Tiger was free to make some stupid choices, and Brit was free to publicly share a compassionate observation. I know little else about Buddism, except for what I learned in a required World Religion college course. I’ve made some stupid choices in my lifetime as well. Without the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I could have easily stumbled down the wrong path.