Speech of the Night

From NY State Senator Diane Savino on the marriage equality bill that was defeated.

Comments

1. wileybot,

Bravo

2. Howard,

WOW! That was a strong speech.

3. I hate politics, but that was a cool political speech.

4. Brianne,

hell. yes.

5. Yay! I love my senator :) And while yesterday’s defeat in New York is extremely disappointing, the way this video has spread in the past 24-hours gives me hope.

6. err,

i hate to sound like a jerk, but talk is cheap.
    you can’t change the minds of people who live under a blanket with their eyes closed and their thumbs in their ears, screaming “la la la la la la la la la…”

• But she didn’t vote against it. So you’re saying it’s not worth even talking about??? Since when is something that you feel strongly about not worth talking about?

• err,

nah man, that’s not what i meant.
        or is it?
        i dunno, apparently this is where my defeatism and my indecisiveness cross paths.

7. damn! she’s pretty hot for a senator!!

8. jean,

Please visit Senator Diane Savino’s website:

and her facebook page:

9. Wow. Initially I looked at the length of the video, saw it was about gay rights and thought “ugh, this is going to be 7 minutes of stuff I’ve already heard before”. And it kind of was, but it wasn’t stuff I expected to hear from a senator. Truly an excellent speech.

That speech was as good as Keith Olbermann’s monologue on the same subject ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIcaDDyd_I ), which, incidentally, I saw only because it was linked her on Cynical-C.

And this senator really connects with the audience – when it comes to delivering speeches, she and Obama would make a powerhouse team.

11. Politico,

Amazing speech! Diane is my senator and I have been supporting her for a long time based on her effective speeches and my agreeance with her on every issue.