The Obama Speech

The speech that has conservatives threatening to pull their kids from classes (Although I suspect that these are the same people who threaten to pull their kids from classes at any mention of Darwin, so the only surprising part about this is that people are surpised about this) has been released and it’s much worse than anybody thought:

The National Socialist program replaces the liberalistic conception of the individual by the conception of a people bound by their blood to the soil. Of all the tasks with which we are confronted, it is the grandest and most sacred task of man to preserve his race. This will not lead to an estrangement of the nations; on the contrary, it will lead for the first time to a mutual understanding. It will also prevent the Jewish people from trying to disintegrate and dominate other people under the mask of an innocent bourgeoisie.

Wait, that’s Hitler’s speech to the Reichstag on Jan. 30, 1937. Damn you Glenn Beck and your hypnotic watery eyes!

Here’s the ‘real’ speech.

After reading it, I can see why these Republicans don’t want their kids exposed to it. He talks about book learnin. Fucking socialist.

World Net Daily thinks that the speech might even be illegal:

And what Obama plans to do on Sept. 8 with a planned speech directly to students in public schools across the United States may even be illegal, according to Mathew D. Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel as well as dean of Liberty University School of Law.

“Obama has pushed his political agenda to the extreme by forcing himself on America’s children,” Staver said in a statement today. “Obama’s political agenda on healthcare and his expansive vision for government is being rejected by the American people. Now Obama is after our children, who, like some socialist members of Congress, have not read the healthcare bill. Americans do not appreciate the president’s attempt to use our children as political pawns in his game of chess. Mr. President, you must abide by the rule of law and stop this illegal activity. Our children do not belong to you.”

Parents are even breaking down on tv crying about this flagrant attempt to initiate an Obama Youth:

Comments

1. Patricio,

So that’s the big evil message, eh? Stay in school and work hard. Unthinkable. Fortunately, Obama hasen’t yet taken away our god-given right to be lazy and drop out of school.

2. Jocelyn,

wow,how. . . underwhelming?? I don’t think that’s the word I’m searching for. It’s a fine speech. It’s on point and has a positive message. I think Patricio summed it up very well. I can’t find anything in the speech that could send anybody over the edge.
    I think the only thing in the speech that bugs me and I’m sure is the “God Bless you and God bless America”. It earns a exaggerated eye roll. But hardly something I would froth at the mouth over or yank kids out of school, if I had them.

3. Jocelyn,

whoops, that should read “… in the speech that bugs me is…”
    I was going to add and “I’m sure a few others” but decided not to. I guess I did’t erase all of it. This is why you should proofread before hitting send:)

4. Inti,

I’ve extracted some of the most questionable stuff in that speech:

don’t spend every waking hour in front of the TV or with that Xbox

GOVERNMENT INFRINGING AMERICA’S LIBERTIES!

Whatever you resolve to do, I want you to commit to it. I want you to really work at it.

STAKHANOV-STYLE EMPHASIS ON HARD WORK!!!

So I wasn’t always as focused as I should have been. I did some things I’m not proud of, and got in more trouble than I should have.

OBAMA ADMITS OF HEROIN USE!!!!!11

And you won’t necessarily succeed at everything the first time you try.
    That’s OK. Some of the most successful people in the world are the ones who’ve had the most failures.

SOCIALIST AGENDA OF LOWER-CLASS EMPOWERMENT!!!!!

5. Nathan,

I don’t really mind it if people don’t like what Obama stands for. I didn’t like a vast majority of what Bush II stood for, and somehow survived his presidency. What irritates me is the idea that somehow one speech to school kids is going to indoctrinate them into a socialist way of thinking all at once. Assume that’s the true goal of the speech for a moment. Really? Once speech is gonna do what parents have a devil of a time doing, day in, day out, for years on end? That’s some powerful ju-ju.

Also, I have to point out that George H. W. Bush gave a speech that was televised to school kids in school during his presidency, about drugs, and the left went apesh*t over it, saying how it was a waste of time and money and a clear violation… blah blah blah. So, for you people who are afraid your children will suddenly be leftist extremists after listening to the President, go ahead and take your kids out of class when Obama makes his speech – just stop telling everyone else what an ignoramus you are ahead of time.

6. Spiv,

“Mathew D. Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel as well as dean of Liberty University School of Law”

All the standard jokes about Liberty-U probably apply, but I’m really failing to understand just what ‘legal’ issues the guy is getting at. I mean even if the president wanted to go to your kid’s school and ask the kids to convince their parents to vote for an amendment that converted the country to a communist dictatorship, that would still be totally legal (the asking, not the amendment).

What law would he supposedly be breaking?

7. AmandaNZ,

“Americans do not appreciate the president’s attempt to use our children as political pawns in his game of chess.”

Really? What the hell was “No Child Left Behind” then?

8. What the fuck!? Have these people not read the speech that our president has been kind enough to pre-release? Are they just racists reacting to a black man talking to their kids? Or is it just a left vs. right blind reaction? I’ve read the speech, there’s nothing partisan about it unless you want your kid to be an unskilled moron. I found it moving and can definitely see it having a positive impact on enough children to really make a positive difference in this country. All he does is encourage kids to learn and practice. Nothing more. I may have turned out to be a halfway decent human being had someone I knew was important said this to me.

Just keep in mind that a good majority of these people that believe one speech will change their children forever are in the same group that said one song from Judas Priest convinced two kids to kill themselves back in the 80s.

They apparently believe that no one can make any decisions for themselves and are easily manipulated. It’s clear that they can’t; maybe that’s why it scares them so.

10. Sue Dunham,

“…pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed….”
    Pernicious evil right there.
    Chris, I see you’ve filed this in “batshit insanity”. I’ve got a feeling that file is going to be a big one.

11. fwonk,

I kind of want to buy an X-Box and iphone after reading that speech

12. Some parent interviewed on my local TV news stated that he didn’t want the president teaching values to his kids, he wanted to do that himself.

So why are his kids in public school? Teachers are instilling values all the time. And what about Sunday school teachers? soccer coaches? scout leaders? Aren’t they teaching values? If he wants to be the only one teaching values to his kids, he better home-school them, keep them locked up, not let them near TV, internet, radio, telephones……

This country had gone absolutely nuts. We are so polarized that we can’t even stand to listen to each other if we don’t agree 100%.

13. Connie,

As Keith Olberman said, most of the kids will be asleep by the second part of thr speech.

14. This could really be dangerous. I’d hate for it to influence kids to study or pay attention. Why after Bush the First spoke about physical fitness and had Arnold trotted out in front of everyone the youth fitness craze of the late 80s and early 90s was out of control! MADNESS!

15. niel,

heh… this one is brilliant: