Al Franken vs. Teabaggers

Comments

1. Kevin Dunphy,

Not bad for a comedian.

I wish you folks luck with this. I live in Canada. Canadian Health Care is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. And it is expensive, and the costs are out of control. It is, has been, and will remain a large consumer of the public treasury.

But I can’t imagine life without it. I never have to check my wallet before I bring my son to the hospital. And I am immensely grateful for that.

Can ours improve? For sure. But even as it is, It’s pretty damn good. We pay high taxes in Canada (income tax and sales and services taxes), but I don’t mind. I’ll pay a little extra so everyone can have access to it. No problem.

Some would say that’s what makes me a Canadian. I say they are wrong. I think that is what makes me human.

(P.S> I have always loved Al Franken!)

2. Woj,

Wow…. a conversation taking place between both sides!! Its amazing how much you can learn when adults discuss their concerns rationally and civilly.

3. Matt,

“Angry mob” is overstating it a bit, isn’t it? or were they angrier before the cameras rolled? Nevertheless, Al’s the man. So glad to have him as my Senator.

4. Rick,

I live in Indiana and I sure wish we had a Senator as intelligent and well versed as Al Franken. I’d gladly trade both our senators (Lugar and Bayh) and I’d even throw in Congressman Mike Pence.

I’m embarrassed to admit that I actually voted for Evan Bayh – but I only recently moved back to Indiana after 23 years in New Jersey. I mistook him for a Democrat.

5. timbo,

I find this performance by Franken SO impressive. Wow. This is about as cool and collected and rational as any politician I’ve seen talk about health care. It appears that he quiets an angry crowd, and there ensues a real conversation.

6. Dan the Man,

He handled that situation really well and actually had the crowd thinking about what he was saying on occasions.

I’m an Aussie and I’m with the Canadian(first poster) – we pay fairly high tax in Australia aswell but I wouldn’t have it any other way for the reasons mentioned.

The doctors & health insurance companies have been holding americans to ransom for ages, so I cannot see why so many people are frightened of the government stepping in to some control.