William Shatner Reads Palin’s Farewell Speech

Comments

1. Meg,

Tina Fey and William Shatner: Making Palin hilarious since ’08

Can Shatner please show up to all of Palin’s speeches and shout, “No ‘blah, blah, blah’!”?

2. Cornjob,

Well, NOW it makes total sense. I am sooooo voting for her in 2012. She and the Birthers are totally right. The Shatman has totally convinced me of that. Cough, cough, gag, sputter. ;)

3. That sounded like complete gibberish but hell, I may be bad at interpreting poems and poetry alike…

4. Tom Woolf,

Yanked off of Youtube already (those fiendish copyright-breakers!), but it is on Hulu.

5. Ross,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol6GxAYw2gM it’s there… BUT FOR HOW LONG!!!

6. Laura,

Oh good lord…. I have steadfastly refused to watch or read anything of hers since midway through the campaign, I though this was a metaphor or perhaps a particularly delightful selection from The Burning of Sam McGee. Then I actually looked up her speech, and when I discovered that it WAS actually her speech verbatim, I almost cried…and laughed… and threw up. Shudder.

7. Spiv,

Laura said:
    “Then I actually looked up her speech, and when I discovered that it WAS actually her speech verbatim, I almost cried…and laughed… and threw up.”

That. Exactly. Wonder. Twin. Frosting.

8. Lit_Freak,

As someone who has occasionally had to teach poems that made no damn sense to her and which she could not fathom why some senior scholar stuck them in the textbook, I could totally buy at least this portion of Palin’s speach as some bizarre avant garde poetry. Then, of course, poets typically *intend* for their poetry to be ambigious, confusing, whacko. Maybe Palin is that much feted beast of the Romantic era–the idiot savant, the found poet, untainted by the corrupting influence of education and society.