There are a couple of slightly gory pictures of the accident so don’t click if you don’t want to see blood. (Now that I said don’t click, this will be my most viewed link of the day)
I know what is dangerous and these magnets I found on the Internet were so amazingly strong that I could not resist not to buy them all four. I have two blocks… one round with a diameter of 75 mm and 70 mm in length. The one that not pictured and without human parts 🙂 is measured 40 (thickness) x 100 (diameter).
The above magnets are N45. I also have 8 small N50 magnets (cubics) with an crazy force, but not lethal because of its small size (don’t swallow them of course).
They came to me from the USA in four different large cardboard boxes. Each magnet placed in the center of each box. Very careful packing ! I placed them in my own room (closed when I am not at home or in the room) around a 1 meter in diameter pouf. No direct contact.
That Sunday night I placed on of them a bit in line with one of the others but still within a safety distance (I thought) !!!
When I rotated the magnet the other raised it self upwards due to the same poles. I know that I thought (ooops … take care) and before I knew it the one that raised itself upwards turned around and within a split second the two magnets collided to each other with the top-part of my finger between them. Due to the brutal force my finger was splashed and pushed out between the magnets leaving skin and my complete nail between the two magnets. The collision was so strong that on the carpet I found only some drops of blood spread around the magnets.