Saul Bass is responsible for reinventing the opening credit sequence. His titles became an art form. They were unique, controversial and often worth the price of admission.
Before Bass shocked audiences with the opening title sequence to The Man With The Golden Arm, curtains remained closed for a movieâ€™s opening titles. According to Design Museum the instructions on the film cans read â€œprojectionists â€“ pull curtain before titles.â€
Blame it on the Voices has a series of pictures of what can go wrong while releasing a bear back into the wild.
What can go wrong while releasing a wild bear when you are on top of a cage that’s not secured to the truck and the bear just doesn’t want to go away?
I would think that rule#3 kind of makes adhering to rule #2 damn near impossible.
1. Never touch the intimate parts of your body except during normal washing and using the bathroom.
2. Avoid being alone as much as possible. Find good company and stay in this good company, especially when you are feeling particularly weak.
3. If you are associated with other persons having this same problem, YOU MUST BREAK OFF THEIR FRIENDSHIP. Never associate with other people having the same weakness. Don’t suppose that two of you will quit together, you never will. You must get away from people of that kind. Just to be in their presence will keep your problem foremost in your mind. The problem must be taken OUT OF YOUR MIND for that is where it really exists. Your mind must be on other and more wholesome things.
4. After you bathe, don’t admire yourself in the mirror. Stay in the shower just long enough to clean yourself. Then dry off and GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM into a room where you will have some member of your family present.
5. When in bed (especially if that is where you masturbate), wear pajamas or other clothes so that you cannot easily touch yourself (and so that it would be difficult to remove those clothes. The time it takes to remove your clothing gives additional time to controll your thinking and overcome the temptation).
6. If the temptation seems overpowering while you are in bed, GET OUT OF BED! Go into the kitchen and make a snack, even if it is in the middle of the night, and even if you are not hungry. The purpose behind this suggestion is that you GET YOUR MIND ON SOMETHING ELSE. You are the subject of your thoughts, so to speak.
7. Never look at pornography on the internet or elsewhere. Never read about your problem (even on sites claiming to be “educational”). Keep it out of mind. Remember — “First a thought, then an act.” The thought pattern must be changed. You must not allow this problem to remain in your mind. When you accomplish that, you soon will be free of the act.
8. Put wholesome thoughts into your mind at all times. Read good books, scriptures, talks of church leaders. Make a daily habit of reading at least one chapter of Scripture, preferably from one of the four Gospels in the New Testament, or the Book of Mormon. The four Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke and John — above anything else in the Bible can be helpful because of their uplifting qualities.
9. Pray. But when you pray, don’t pray about this problem, for that will tend to keep it in your mind more than ever. Pray for faith, pray for understanding of the Scriptures, pray for members of your family who need help. Pray for your friends, BUT KEEP THE PROBLEM OUT OF YOUR MIND BY NOT MENTIONING IT EVEN IN YOUR PRAYERS. KEEP IT OUT of your mind! The attitude of a person toward his problem has an affect on how easy it is to overcome. It is essential that a firm commitment be made to control the habit. As a person understands his reasons for the behavior, and is sensitive to the conditions or situations that may trigger a desire for the act, he develops the power to control it.
I’m headed to the nearest LDS Church with a crate of these to make some extra cash. I hope it fits with the magic underwear.
Every day trucks pass us on the highway and we are completely unaware of what they may be carrying. But when one overturns, we get a peek into what is being carted around right under our noses. Sometimes, it’s just a common item that we’re not accustomed to seeing spilled on the road. Sometimes, it’s a truck full of things we never thought about being hauled around by the truckfull.
They barnyard buffalo, we runt pig!
A love letter from China to the USA thanking us for all the business
If Star Wars was filmed two decades earlier and Saul Bass did the opening title sequence, it might look like this…
CashTomato.com staged a publicity stunt in Union Square in NYC on February 29th. At 2:29, they were supposed to give out envelopes with $29 to random people in the crowd. Poor planning and an even worse execution lead to a small riot and a man had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance.