Another great list from Wikipedia. Here’s a few people excommunicated in the 21st Century…. so far…
* Fano Ngcobo, Catholic priest, excommunicated in 2007 for starting his own church, the African Catholic Community
* Richard Lugner, excommunicated over abortion clinic rental
* Alejandre Galias, Filipino priest, excommunicated by SMS after breaking the seal of confession 
* Eduardo Aguirre, Guatemalan Catholic priest, now bishop of the Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church 
* Sister Mary Theresa Dionne  and five other nuns of Our Lady of Charity and Refuge in Hot Springs, Arkansas for professing the teachings of the Community of the Lady of All Nations, also known as the Army of Mary, that its founder, Marie Paule Giguere, is the reincarnation of the Virgin Mary and that God speaks directly through her.
* Godfrey Silvester Shiundu, Kenyan priest who created Reformed Roman Catholic Church and was excommunicated after getting married
* Catholics for a Free Choice, Rainbow Girls, Eastern Star, Job’s Daughters, Society of St. Pius X and members of some other organizations face automatic excomuniccation according to Fabian Bruskewitz’s extra synodal legislation
* Edwin GonzÃ¡lez ConcepciÃ³n of Puerto Rico and his followers, for preaching that he was the reincarnation of Pope John Paul II
* Genevieve Beney of France, for claiming to be an ordained priest, though married and female
* Gert Petrus, Namibian priest, for practicing witchcraft
* Mark Ridlen, a priest who attempted to instigate a renaissance of the Symbionese Liberation Army and mesh its ideology with that of the Catholic Church. Two other men, whom Ridlen had allegedly brainwashed and ordained as priests, were also excommunicated.
* Christine Mayr-Lumetzberger and six other members of the Danube Seven, for simulating being ordained as priests by a South American bishop who had left the Church to join a sect. The Danube Seven were declared excommunicated ferendae sententiae for “grave disobedience” and “aiding schism”.
* Emmanuel Milingo, for marrying a woman selected by Sun Myung Moon in a Unification Church Blessing ceremony, then attempting to ordain married men as bishops. Those claiming ordination were also excommunicated.