CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

Does Trump have the world record for being sued yet?

(CNN) — CNN is filing a lawsuit against President Trump and several of his aides, seeking the immediate restoration of chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta’s access to the White House.

The lawsuit is a response to the White House’s suspension of Acosta’s press pass, known as a Secret Service “hard pass,” last week. The suit alleges that Acosta and CNN’s First and Fifth Amendment rights are being violated by the ban.

The suit is being filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday morning, a CNN spokeswoman confirmed.

Both CNN and Acosta are plaintiffs in the lawsuit. There are six defendants: Trump, chief of staff John Kelly, press secretary Sarah Sanders, deputy chief of staff for communications Bill Shine, Secret Service director Joseph Clancy, and the Secret Service officer who took Acosta’s hard pass away last Wednesday. The officer is identified as John Doe in the suit, pending his identification.

The six defendants are all named because of their roles in enforcing and announcing Acosta’s suspension.

Trump is preparing to remove Kirstjen Nielsen as Homeland Security secretary, aides say

Is it Infrastructure Week already?

President Trump has told advisers he has decided to remove Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, and her departure from the administration is likely to occur in the coming weeks, if not sooner, according to five current and former White House officials.

Trump canceled a planned trip with Nielsen this week to visit U.S. troops at the border in South Texas and told aides over the weekend he wants her out as soon as possible, these officials said. The president has grumbled for months about what he views as Nielsen’s lackluster performance on immigration enforcement and is believed to be looking for a replacement who will implement his policy ideas with more alacrity.

The announcement could come as soon as this week, three of these officials said.

Trump has changed his mind on key personnel decisions before, and Chief of Staff John F. Kelly is fighting Nielsen’s pending dismissal and attempting to postpone it, aides say. But Kelly’s future in the administration also is shaky, according to three White House officials.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security declined to comment on Nielsen’s potential departure.

Kyrsten Sinema Becomes First Female Senator Elected From Arizona

Damn, she took Flake’s seat!

Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema has made history by becoming the first woman elected to represent Arizona in the Senate. She defeated Republican Rep. Martha McSally after several days of ballot counting.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting, Sinema led McSally 50 percent to 48 percent when The Associated Press called the race six days after Election Day.

Sinema’s victory also marks the first time in 30 years that a Democrat has won a Senate seat in Arizona.

Sinema said in a victory speech Monday night that she would focus on finding common ground and bridging political divides. She said the campaign was about “everyday Arizonans who are sick and tired of the dysfunction in Washington and who want leaders to put aside party labels and just focus on getting things done.”

Sinema also referenced the late GOP Sen. John McCain in her speech, saying he consistently put country ahead of party, and did the right thing even when it meant standing alone (an apparent veiled reference to his deciding vote last year to doom the Republican effort to repeal the 2010 health care law).

“It’s up to all of us to carry on Sen. McCain’s legacy,” she said.

The race’s results were unknown for several days due to roughly 500,000 votes, mostly from Maricopa County, that still had to be counted after Election Day.

School Considers Legal Action After Dozens of Students Appear to Give Nazi Salute in Prom Photo

A Wisconsin school district is considering what consequences students should face after an alarming photograph surfaced, supposedly of the male students of the class of 2019. The image, tweeted from an account that has since been made private, allegedly shows dozens of Baraboo High School students at their junior prom giving the Nazi salute.

A screenshot was shared by Twitter user @CarlySidey, with details later posted by VICE contributor Jules Suzdaltsev. The account that originally posted the image, @GoBaraboo, is now listed as “protected,” meaning only permitted users are allowed to see its posts.

The Barbaroo School District has yet to issue a response, but their official Twitter account retweeted a message from School District Administrator Lori Mueller that addressed the issue, and it appears that they are taking the matter very seriously, even considering legal action, should it be deemed appropriate.

I’m sure this is just an unfortunate misunderst…

WTF is going on? I mean besides Donald Trump empowering these fucktards to think this is remotely ok?